Antique stores in Mesa?

So the only reason i go up to show low is for the amazing thrift and antique stores. recently one of my EVIT friends shared with me that there's this antique store in VF factory outlet like 5 mins from my house. so of course i have to check it out! well.... turns out mesa antique stores are just not as good as others. they just had basic stuff. but it was cheapppp! and it really inspired my life. picture this. 5 years. my kitchen. painted light yellow. with wonderful old coke bottles on the window sill above the sink with fun flowers in them. and wonderful old signs from the 40's hanging on the walls. and there was this amazing couch... oh my gosh. wonderful. i'm trying to think of what they are called.... like. a couch with no back and only one arm? beautiful pattern, so old looking it was amazing. like this was probly the most beautiful couch i have ever seen in my life. 300 dollars. now maybe i'm just not experiences in furniture shopping yet, but isn't that pretty good?! that would look great in my future house. and i want a vintage old ugly door. i just have to have one! and there was this bed.... the gorgeous white old looking ones like my grandma has. my cousin has this white bed with like poles coming out the top of it. and my aunt draped this fabric from it so it looks so perfect and princess-y. wow i really need to learn the home decor language!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That type of couch is called a chaise lounge. And yes, $300 is a steal!!! Home decorating is so much fun! Plus, your sewing skills will help a ton. The next skill I need to learn to take home decorating to the next level is woodworking. Nothing too hard, just staple guns, basic sawing skills, etc. so I can re-upholster and make headboards and such. The other thing that I'm totally in love with for kitchens right now is laminated material (I think it's sometimes called oil clothe?). It looks like vinyl, which maybe it is, but it's in really really fun prints. Really cool fabric stores sell it to make rain coats. Anyway, I really want to upholster bar stools in it and maybe a bench too someday. You can just wipe it clean, but it still looks cuter than plain vinyl. It's hard to bring patterns/fabric/prints into a kitchen and I think this is the solution!

Cami said...

Yes, what Stephanie said.