The Attractive Male Style Guide Summarized by Heidi Shields.

 It's just such a shame when potentially attractive males don't know how to dress decent, therefore decreasing their overall appearance. It's not that hard, men only have so many clothing options... But anyways, I have step by step laid out the basics of male clothing do's and don'ts.


 Do: Hoodies. Any color, zip up's are better. a basic hoodie is a necessity in every boy's closet. wear it with the hood up? well. the way i see it, hoods are possibly the most attractive invention on male clothing that ever existed. hoods up=definite fashion yes.
 quick note on hair. DO: fohawk. not too dramatic, just slight.
DO: messy, unkept-ness. added to the fohawk, veryy nice.
Do: layering. blazers with button up's under, fabulous if it can successfully be pulled off. cropped pants, also wonderful. these boots that are featured above? only in high fashion right now, if a high schooler was to wear these to school it would be interesting.. but i love them. look at that! it's nice.
 DO: plaid. rolled up sleeves? yes. plus aviator sunglasses.
DON'T: short sleeve button up. i don't know why, i just cant stand them. the only way this would be acceptable (in my opinion) is if the sleeves were rolled up once or twice. but this could be sketchy..

 DO: basic V necks and beanies.
 DO: plaid flannel, beanie, hood up, aviators. BAM. Zac Efron knows his stuff.
I added this one just because he's hot and i love vanessa. 

DO: converse. but careful, DONT lace them up all the way and make sure it's with the right jeans. not too skinny at the bottom, but def not so baggy that it covers them up, ya know? oh and leather jackets can be glorious as well.
DO: flat billed baseball caps. Justin here is wearing this perfectly, the rim needs to be up. pretty much as far up as it will go without falling off the head.
 DONT: over match. this example isn't tooo bad.. now if the shoes had black soles and laces and he was wearing a purple watch... too matchy matchy. not okay.
 DO: cardigans.
 DO: sorry it's blurry. henley's are good!
 ahhhh Zac Efron... <3 everything above is perfect. the grunge look is fabulous.
okay dont judge this. yes, the jeans are a little too tight and he looks slightly fruity. i just like the hair, sweater, blazer combo.

now this.... looks like a girl. haha i just like the hair/beanie. and the rest of the outfit if it was a girll..




Well. this concludes our style guide of acceptable male clothing. i hope you learned a little bit of how Heidi Shields' brain works. don't judge me if you think it's just toooo weird... i like weird. and grungy. i LOVE grungy.

5 comments:

Anslea said...

all males should read this

Stephanie said...

LOL! I'm sure you could find some guys wearing those black boots at your high school. The problem is they are wearing all black and forgot to think about the rest of their outfit because they're probably on drugs. Definitely sat by 1 or 2 of those fellows in my day... What do you think about bowties? I personally love them and want to dress my boys in them but I feel like I should wait a little longer until they are everywhere and totally in style. Idk. I feel like they need to be done right... You may not like them though because preppy is not really your taste? I really want to grow William's hair out and style it like Justin Beiber for you!! So fun. I do like cardigans on boys. They have some really cute ones for babies. I definitely have FINALLY mastered the little boy faux hawk style! It only took me 2+ years. You are right that hairstyling is not for dummies!

Heidi said...

stephanie your boys dress sooo cute! and about those boots on boys.. you're so right. anyone who would wear those to school is a creep. i think i only like it in high end fashion. haha. oh by the way, william and henry's halloween costumes were SO cute! i was freaking out when i saw those pictures. okay there's this family in my ward with a little boy around 3 or 4. and to church he wears plaid shirts with bow ties and it's adorable. soo cute. he's what made me decide i like bow ties. i should add bow ties to this.. thanks for the idea. and yes, i love the prep school style!

Stephanie said...

Heidi- It is the ultimate compliment that you think I dress my boys cute!! You just made me smile from ear to ear :-) I'm glad you like the preppy style because I am totally in love with it. I hope you have a few little boys because they are super fun to dress up because they don't care what they are wearing. Halloween for example was so fun! No fighting. All they cared about was that they were superheros and had a cape. I am totally on the look out for bowties and plaid shirts now!! I saw some at H & M a few weeks ago. When Amanda makes fun of them I will tell her that you approve :-) As always, thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated.

Amanda said...

Oh dear. I came here with the intent to comment on Heidi's post, but now I find myself completely sidetracked with Stephanie's comments. You see, the funny thing is, I just saw some bowties for little bows online just about an hour ago and thought, "I should send some to Stephanie, because I know she'd like them." Sure enough! I'm really sorry, though, I'm just not sure about the bow tie thing. It just reminds me of Larry King & I always feel like they should be paired with suspenders-an obvious no no for little boys! I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. And while I know they're not quite as bad as velvet one-piece outfits for boys, I also always mentally classify them the same way. Maybe I just always think that's how our mother would have dressed us, had we been boys (sorry, Mother! I love you:) ). Maybe when I have a boy, I'll change my mind...