my new obsessions.

my new obsessions: #1 black and white photography. anything black and white i just adore. but then i also really like the older pictures... jackie kennedy, marilyn monroe, history stuff. im just kind of in love. jackie kennedy. wa-bam. i love her.

i LOVE this picture.
and this one's kind of sad... but i have always liked it. haha and my mom is always saying people are going to think im stuck up and materialistic because i only post clothes and such on my blog and all my FB statuses are about hair.. ya know what, hair and clothes are the only thing going somewhat decent in my life right now. but yeah, back to what i was saying, i have been thinking i might possibly take history classes in college. not american history or early world history that's all about ancient greece or whatever... i dont care about that. i want like, marilyn monroe world war 1 and 2, great depression, free love hippie history. ya know? do they have a major for that? i know you can be a fashion history major... where you like study the trends of the past and what not. but i couldn't do that, my mom would think it's too materialistic.

this reminds me of one of those movies that takes place during WW 2/ great depression... which i also love. a movie that takes place anywhere from 1900-1960, i just seriously love it.






























why do i liek this one so much? yeah i dont even know.









obsession #2: katie holmes. look how freakin adorable she is! in one tree hill, season 5.. haley chops off her hair and goes really dark like this. that's what im doing when i'm old. it's so classy...






i am litterally OBSESSED with this picture. i loveee every single thing about it. the colors she's wearing, her messy side bun, how white she is (but she just works it, ya know?) her shoes, her face... even her turtle neck. i LOVE it.



first of all. look how cute her outfit is. yeahh. she makes me want to crop boyfriend jeans, wear flats with it, button a white cardigan at the top, put a cute scarf with it and chop off my hair. (ps the full sized picture shows her cropped jeans witth flats, i didnt just make that up.)


so cute.


her hair gives me hope for mine in the future.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've never really paid that much attention to Katie holmes before. Probably because I think Tom Cruise is completely nuts. But I do think she's cute. Especially after looking at all the pictures on here. And I already knew about her pants and flats-I didn't have to get the full sized picture. Some might say that is sad or pathetic but I think you'd understand. Lol. And I'm also obsessed with black and white pictures. Have you noticed that if you make a pic black and white it instantly looks better? It's just instantly more flattering and prettier to look at

Heidi said...

i completely agree, lots of people don't like katie holme's flats and pants. i kind of love it personally.. haha and black and white pictures do look automatically better!

Stephanie said...

So I think you were supposed to be Amanda's sister instead of me because you guys are a lot alike! Amanda is OBSESSED with black and white photography in black frames. I told her she needed some color in her house. I hope you're ok with us reading your blog. I just feel like you, me and Amanda are in this cool blogging club together and I love it! I probably feel that way because I don't really do fb and the blogs help me feel connected :-)

Stephanie said...

One more thing... I've been thinking about your wedding and I think you should have 2 dresses. A big elegant one for bridals, the temple, etc. and a fun, party, shorter/tighter one for partying at the reception. The b&w picture of the bride made me think of that. You could pull it off and make it look vintage and cool. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and the bride had a short dress with adorable shoes and I thought it was fun, but I don't want you to miss out on the drama of a more formal gown, too.

Heidi said...

Stephanie that dress idea is brilliant! ill have to remember that.:) and i definitely am okay with you reading my blog.. im just glad someone does! haha

Amanda said...

oh p.s. that wars end kiss picture is the insperation for my wedding :D